Maintenance mode is already enabled. All VMs finish migration successfully.
Now I stop glusterd service on this host (systemctl stop glusterd.service) and nothing bad happens, which means that distributed replica glusterfs works fine. Then I stop vdsmd service (systemctl stop vdsmd.service) and everything works fine. When I administratively set ovirtmgmt network down or reboot this host, my Data Center becomes "Non Responsive", my storage becomes red and inactive, and most VMs become "paused due to unknown storage error".

K.

On 07/28/2015 06:09 PM, Artyom Lukianov wrote:
Just put host to maintenance mode, if it have vms it will migrate them
automatically on other host.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Konstantinos Christidis" <kochr...@ekt.gr>
To: users@ovirt.org
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 1:15:15 PM
Subject: [ovirt-users] Data Center becomes Non Responsive when I reboot a
host

Hello ovirt users,

I have 4 hosts with a distributed replicated 2x2 GlusterFS storage.
(oVirt3.5/CentOS7)

When I reboot a host (in maintenance mode and not my SPM host) my Data
Center becomes "Non Responsive", my storage becomes red and inactive,
and many VMs become "paused due to unknown storage error". The same
happens if I administratively set ovirtmgmt network down (to a host in
maintenance mode and not my SPM host) with ifconfig ovirtmgmt down.
I know that management network (ovirtmgmt) is required by default and is
part of oVirt monitoring process but is there anything I can do in order
to reboot a host without causing this mess?

Thanks,

K.