I have the same setup, and my only issue is at the switch level with CTDB.
The IP does failover, however until I issue a ping from the interface ctdb
is connected to, the storage will not connect.

If i go to the host with the CTDB vip, and issue a ping from the interface
ctdb is on, everything works as described.

On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 5:18 PM, Nicolas Ecarnot <nico...@ecarnot.net> wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> Nice to read that someone else is fighting with a similar setup :)
>
> Le 06/08/2015 16:36, Tim Macy a écrit :
>
>> Nicolas,  I have the same setup dedicated physical system running engine
>> on CentOS 6.6 three hosts running CentOS 7.1 with Gluster and KVM, and
>> firewall is disabled on all hosts.  I also followed the same documents
>> to build my environment so I assume they are very similar.  I have on
>> occasion had the same errors and have also found that "ctdb rebalanceip
>> <floating ip>" is the only way to resolve the problem.
>>

> Indeed, when I'm stopping/continuing my ctdb services, the main action is
> a move of the vIP.
> So we agree there is definitively something to dig there!
> Either directly, either as a side effect.
>
> I must admit I'd be glad to search further before following the second
> part of your answer.
>
>  I intend to
>> remove ctdb since it is not needed with the configuration we are
>> running.  CTDB is only needed for hosted engine on a floating NFS mount,
>>

> And in a less obvious manner, it also allows to gently remove a host from
> the vIP managers pool, before removing it on the gluster layer.
> Not a great advantage, but worth mentionning.
>
> so you should be able change the gluster storage domain mount paths to
>> "localhost:<name>".  The only thing that has prevented me from making
>> this change is that my environment is live with running VM's.  Please
>> let me know if you go this route.
>>

> I'm more than interested to choose this way, if :
> - I find no time to investigate the floating vIP issue
> - I can simplify this setup
> - This can lead to increased perf
>
> About the master storage domain path, should I use only pure gluster and
> completely forget about NFS?
>

> --
> Nicolas ECARNOT

Donny Davis