Hi,

We are looking for some easy to manage self contained VM hosting. Ovirt with GlusterFS seems to fit that bill perfectly. I installed it and then starting kicking the tires. First results looked promising, but now I can get a VM to pause indefinitely fairly easy:

My setup is 3 hosts that are in a Virt and Gluster cluster. Gluster is setup as replica-3. The gluster export is used as the storage domain for the VM's.

Now when I start the VM all is good, performance is good enough so we are happy. I then start bonnie++ to generate some load. I have a VM running on host 1, host 2 is SPM and all 3 VM's are seeing some network traffic courtesy of gluster.

Now, for fun, suddenly the network on host3 goes bad (iptables -I OUTPUT -m statistic --mode random --probability 0.75 -j REJECT). Some time later I see the guest has a small "hickup", I'm guessing that is when gluster decides host 3 is not allowed to play anymore. No big deal anyway. After a while 25% of packages just isn't good enough for Ovirt anymore, so the host will be fenced. After a reboot *sometimes* the VM will be paused, and even after the gluster self-heal is complete it can not be unpaused, has to be restarted.

Is there anything I can do to prevent the VM from being paused?

Regards,
Sander