On 19/08/15 12:55, Juan Pablo Lorier wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My two cents is that shouldn’t be doing mac spoofing protection as
> a default. There are several use cases where you may use virtual
> nics defined withing the guest and this feature is going to create
> problems to users that may not know that there’s a mac spoofing
> protection withing ovirt. Think of keeaplived vmac option, openvpn
> and any tap adapter you need to create. If you need to protect
> against spoofing attacks, you should use the hook or more powerful
> tools and in any case, you must be aware that you used this kind of
> protection. Regards,

I disagree:

This violates the "secure by default" design pattern.

The default should be secure, furthermore, it was so in every ovirt
release before, so it would be a sudden change.

if you need such advanced network setups in your guests you should be
able to search the documentation.

- --
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Regards

Sven Kieske

Systemadministrator
Mittwald CM Service GmbH & Co. KG
Königsberger Straße 6
32339 Espelkamp
T: +495772 293100
F: +495772 293333
https://www.mittwald.de
Geschäftsführer: Robert Meyer
St.Nr.: 331/5721/1033, USt-IdNr.: DE814773217, HRA 6640, AG Bad Oeynhaus
en
Komplementärin: Robert Meyer Verwaltungs GmbH, HRB 13260, AG Bad
Oeynhausen