I'm running into a problem with my upgrades to oVirt 3.5.3 and wanted to check
if the following is a known issue.

I have  multiple vlan tagged interfaces configured. The files are being
generated as expected by vdsm. The vlan 108 interface below is used by the
ovirtmgmt bridge. The uatdev_ben, bond0.192, dev_office, bond0.124 interface
definitions all have ONBOOT=no.

root@host> grep -i onboot ifcfg* | grep -v bak
ifcfg-bond0:ONBOOT=yes
ifcfg-bond0.108:ONBOOT=yes
ifcfg-bond0.124:ONBOOT=no
ifcfg-bond0.192:ONBOOT=no
ifcfg-dev_office:ONBOOT=no
ifcfg-eth0:ONBOOT=yes
ifcfg-eth1:ONBOOT=yes
ifcfg-eth2:ONBOOT=no
ifcfg-eth3:ONBOOT=no
ifcfg-lo:ONBOOT=yes
ifcfg-ovirtmgmt:ONBOOT=yes
ifcfg-uatdev_ben:ONBOOT=no

The persistence configuration files are where they should be (I think):

root@host> ls -l /var/lib/vdsm/persistence/netconf/nets/
total 12
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 121 Aug 24 22:44 dev_office
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 173 Aug 24 22:44 ovirtmgmt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 121 Aug 24 22:44 uatdev_ben

If I were to do a "service network restart" on the node, the uatdev_ben,
dev_office, bond0.124 & bond0.192 are removed and then not restored as the
"ONBOOT=no". I assumed that vdsmd would re-create the dev_office and uatdev_ben
interfaces so restarted vdsmd but they were not restored. I tried a "vdsm-tool
restore-nets" to see if that would restore the interfaces but no joy.

Am I missing something? Is there another method I should use to recover the
missing interfaces? Should the ifcfg files all be configured with "ONBOOT=yes"
just in case someone does run a "service network restart"?

My oVirt nodes are CentOS 6.5, I'm not using the node iso.

Many thanks in advance for any assistance.

Regards,

Simon Barrett