On 09/04/2015 11:11 AM, Michal Skrivanek wrote:

On 4 Sep 2015, at 16:58, Kyle Bassett wrote:

I am using Ravellosystems.com <http://Ravellosystems.com/> - we can
emulate SPM (AMD VT version) so you can run real hypervisors in the
cloud. Not QEMU emulation.
But this is the processor version it displays.  It is used for
openstack and ESXi a lot - I was hoping I could do the same for ovirt…

well, to libvirt the emulated CPU looks like Athlon which is too old
I doubt it works differently in Openstack…is there any kind of setting
which flags are exposed in that VM instance you use as a host?

There is a nestedvt hook which used to be required…but people reported
AMD specific issues with that(" [ovirt-users] Nested KVM on AMD")…worth
a try though

Ravello should work, have you followed:
https://www.ravellosystems.com/blog/run-red-hat-enterprise-virtualization-kvm-ec2/

I am running this in public cloud — not real bare metal.

Works great running KVM / Openstack, I guess manager won't let it
happen.  Any work arounds?

Sorry about the meltable emails - Site was not added me the the list
properly so I had no idea they were getting posted.

Kyle

On Sep 4, 2015, at 10:52 AM, Michal Skrivanek