Hi,

In a lab, I have an oVirt test datacenter using a very old SAN (iSCSI setup).
There are very few VM on it, and none of them are in critical.

Some risky maintenance is to be planned on the SAN, and the risk is to lose it all. To be honnest, to lose these VMs is bearable, but to lose the setup would be painful (quite long to set everything back up).

This is not an hosted setup, so I guess most of the config lies in the manager, and this part will stay untouched.

My question : Is there any benefit to add an small additionnal temporary storage domain where (some unknown by me) meta datas could be duplicated (knowing that I have not enough room to export the VM)?
What additionnal setup would be saved this way?

--
Nicolas ECARNOT