Hi Giuseppe!

I saw you mentioned you have sysadmin knowledge and some python too, would
you be interested in helping with devops tasks for the oVirt infra team [1]
?
The infra team is in charge of maintaining the entire devops infrastructure
with jenkins as the 'ci' server in the middle.
You can also checkout the monthly emails in the devops section. [2]

In addition, you can contribute python code to a recent independent project
which came out of oVirt called 'lago',
you can read about it here [4].

Let know if this is something you might be interested in, you can check
some of the tasks we're doing in [3].

[1]  http://www.ovirt.org/Infra
[2] http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2015-October/035118.html
[3] http://www.ovirt.org/Category:Infrastructure#Type_of_tasks
[4] http://lago.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 11:10 PM, Giuseppe Ragusa <
giuseppe.rag...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I go on with my wishlist, derived from both solitary mumblings and
> community talks at the the first Italian oVirt Meetup.
>
> I offer to help in coding (work/family schedules permitting) but keep in
> mind that I'm a sysadmin with mainly C and bash-scripting skills (but
> hoping to improve my less-than-newbie Python too...)
>
> I've sent separate wishlist messages for oVirt Node, oVirt Engine and VDSM.
>
> oVirt Self Hosted Engine Setup:
>
> *) allow virtual hardware customizations for locally-created Engine vm,
> specifically: allow to add an arbitrary number of NICs (asking for MAC
> address and local bridge to connect to) and maybe also an arbitrary number
> of disks (asking for size) as these seem to be the only/most_useful items
> missing; maybe the prebuilt appliance image too may be inspected by setup
> to detect a customized one and connect any further NICs to custom local
> bridges (which the user should be asked for)
>
> Regards,
> Giuseppe

Eyal Edri
Supervisor, RHEV CI
EMEA ENG Virtualization R&D
Red Hat Israel

phone: +972-9-7692018
irc: eedri (on #tlv #rhev-dev #rhev-integ)