From: Simone Tiraboschi [stira...@redhat.com<mailto:stira...@redhat.com>]
Sent: Monday, December 21, 2015 03:42 AM Eastern Standard Time
To: Yedidyah Bar David
Cc: Will Dennis; users
Subject: Re: [ovirt-users] Cannot retrieve answer file from 1st HE host when
setting up 2nd host

On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 9:33 AM, Yedidyah Bar David
<d...@redhat.com<mailto:d...@redhat.com>> wrote:
On Sun, Dec 20, 2015 at 10:04 PM, Will Dennis
<wden...@nec-labs.com<mailto:wden...@nec-labs.com>> wrote:
> FYI, the answer file is located at:
> /var/lib/ovirt-hosted-engine-setup/answers/answers-20151218124259.conf
>
> There are many other answer files in that directory as well from prior
> unsuccessful runs… Does that matter?

The answerfile is expected to be found in
/etc/ovirt-hosted-engine/answers.conf .
It's written there upon a successful completion of deploy.

Absolutely, I suggest you to start checking for
/etc/ovirt-hosted-engine/answers.conf on the first host.
If the file is not here please check the setup logs on the first to ensure that
it successful completed.

It's also always written to /var/lib/ovirt-hosted-engine-setup/answers/ .

You can also copy it by yourself to somefile and run:

hosted-engine --deploy --config-append=somefile

But I'd invest some time understanding why scp fails. Might be bad
name resolution?

> On Dec 20, 2015, at 2:51 PM, Will Dennis
> <wden...@nec-labs.com<mailto:wden...@nec-labs.com><mailto:wden...@nec-labs.com<mailto:wden...@nec-labs.com>>>
>  wrote:
>
> OK, thanks to the assist from Joob, I did startup the engine VM, and took it
> out of maint mode… Then I went to my second oVirt host, and tried
> “hosted-engine —setup” again, and I’m still getting the error message “Failed
> to execute stage 'Environment customization': [Errno 2] No such file”
>
> Screen output of the “hosted-engine —setup” run:
> http://ur1.ca/ocr5u
>
> So, I guess that means it can’t find the answer file where it expects it on
> the first host… What do I do now?
>
> -Will

Didi