On 12/22/2015 09:28 AM, Eriks Goodwin wrote:
I see conflicting advice regarding hosted engine storage... what is the current state of the art on this?

1) Should an HE use gluster-ed storage--or not?

HE with 3-way replica gluster volume is supported officially when the glusterfs server is running on separate host (separate from the host where HE is being installed)

Support for running engine and gluster on same hosts (hyperconverged setup) is currently being tested, and it requires that the gluster volume also has sharding feature enabled. We will be publishing recommendations and how-tos on this shortly.

2) During HE setup, the memory question used to list the minimum as default--now it shows maximum possible as default. What is the appropriate setting?