Hi!

You could change approach and use this: http://sourceforge.net/projects/usbip/

This project share USB connection over TCP.

I've never tried it, but it should work.

In this way you con share usb device from host to guest, or from a PC in the network and guest.
Another benefit is that the live migration still possible.

As I know qemu-kvm already can use a USB device from network connection, but live migration is not yet supported.