Van: users-boun...@ovirt.org [mailto:users-boun...@ovirt.org] Namens Alan
Murrell
Verzonden: dinsdag 29 december 2015 3:16
Aan: users@ovirt.org
Onderwerp: [ovirt-users] Self-hosted engine: Host cannot activate

I am attempting to install oVirt 3.6 on a CentOS7 host.  it is a single server,
so I am trying to install a self-hosted engine.  I am able to install oVirt 3.5
self-hosted engine, but am having some problems doing it with 3.6.

Everything appears to go fine; the engine-setup completes successfully.  On the
host, I pressed"1" to indicate engine-setup was complete, and it can connect to
the webadmin but the host never becomes operational.

I am able to log in to the webadmin, and indeed the host is in a
non-operational state.  When I click on the host then click on the "Virtual
networks" tab, all my interfaces are showing a red arrow.

When I click on "Setup Host Networks", my "ovirtmgmt" network is unassigned.
Believing this to be why my host is not operational (since it is under
"Required"), I assigned it to my management interface, but the interfaces still
remain red.  In addition, the "ovirtmgmt" network does have a green arrow, but
also the icon indicating "Out of sync".  If I click on "Sync All Networks", I
get the following error:

"Error while executing action SyncAllHostNetworks: Network is currently being
used"

which makes sense, since "ovirtmgmt" is assigned/in use.  I am unable to
unassign ovirtmgmt.

Current status is this:

   - All network interfaces are showing the red "down" arrow
   - "ovirtmgmt" is assigned to my management NIC, but indicating that it is
out of sync
   - I am unable to unassign the "ovirtmgmt" network (or at least, if I do, the
"OK" button is greyed out)

I could destroy the engine VM and go through the setup again, with the idea of
once it is installed and waiting for the host to become operational, I could do
a "Sync All Networks" and see if the networks turn green and go from there.

I wanted to see what sort of insight I could get from here first.  I am not
sure what logs would be useful to you, so let me know what you want to see and
I and make them available (I will likely zip them up and post a link)

Something else I could try if this becomes a "puzzler" is to do a 3.5.x
self-hosted engine then perform an in-place upgrade to 3.6 and see if that
works?  I would rather try to help make a direct 3.6 install work, though...

Thanks, in advance! :-)

Regards,

Alan