> On 02 Feb 2016, at 12:48, Frank Wall <f...@moov.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> with oVirt 3.5 (and prior) it was possible to set the default console like
> this:
>
> # engine-config -s ClientModeVncDefault=NoVnc
>
> Unfortunately, starting with oVirt 3.6 this doesn't seem to work anymore.
>
> The root cause seems to be that I am no longer allowed to use the previous
> Video Type for my VMs ("Other OS"), oVirt forces me to choose "QXL" for
> several VMs now. And hence I am presented with both SPICE and VNC as console
> options (although I don't want to use SPICE at all).

what do you mean “forces”?
you should be able to switch to cirrus (which forces vnc) or even use just the
vnc on qxl

> What's the new way to set NoVNC as default console in that case?

It should work the same. Just for SPICE+VNC mode you need to pick which one you
want to use (then the invocation is taken from teh parameter)
We don’t have a concept of “preferred” console, though…if you want to use only
one then don’t use SPICE+VNC in the first place

> Is there still a way to set VNC as default for "QXL"?
>
> A related question: How to set the default console for SPICE to "SPICE HTML5”?

hm…doesn’t seem to be supported:/
worth a bug or contribute a fix:)

Thanks,
michal