On Sunday, April 03, 2016 03:30:29 PM Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
> On Sun, 2016-04-03 at 21:20 +0200, Nicolas Ecarnot wrote:
> > Le 03/04/2016 17:13, Greg Sheremeta a écrit :
> > > We have patches in review that should fix this in 3.6.5. The
> > > underlying
> > > problem is a couple of JavaScript memory leaks.
> >
> > God bless you!
> >
> > Since 3.6.2 or 3.6.3, the web admin is getting close to unusable
> > after
> > some minutes (Firefox or Chrome, windows or Linux).
> > Alex Wels helped me try to debug this, but though much time spent on
> > this, we failed.
> > In a way, I'm satisfied other people are also expressing the same
> > frustration about this issue, if that can help to debug.
> >
> > Thank you.
>
> Thank you also.  I'm on 3.6.4 just released version and it can take 5+
> minutes to go from the welcome page to the admin login page and then
> the interface is slow and frequently throws exceptions.

Two things to check if going from the welcome page to the login page is THAT
show.

1. Make 100% sure your DNS is setup correctly (or your /etc/hosts if that is
what you use). If the engine cannot resolve itself, it will create lots of
issues.
2. If you are running hosted engine, make sure you have enough entropy, the
login page generates a couple of tokens using secure random, which eats away
at your entropy budget heavily and since hosted engine is a VM it is possible
that you don't have enough entropy. You can check your entropy level with
this:

cat /proc/sys/kernel/random/entropy_avail

There are several options for solving the entropy problem if that is the case.