On Thursday, April 07, 2016 11:28:18 AM Matthew Bohnsack wrote:
> Thanks for your responses.
>
> Is gaining the ability to have local and shared storage domains in the same
> datacenter (and therefore host) on the roadmap? It's most certainly
> functionality we require in our virtual environment.

Honestly I don't know, I don't see it happening any time soon. I haven't heard
anyone wanting it. AFAIK most of the effort right now is focused on getting
hyper convergence with gluster working correctly and getting all the edge
cases to behave.

IIRC you can't mix and match local and shared due to only shared having the
ability to live migrate while you can't do that with local storage. If it is
something you require feel free to open an RFE in bugzilla.