Hi Guys,

Thanks, I found the problem. I had edited the /etc/vdsm logger config files to cut down on all the debug logging and the process failed (silently in any system log I could find) due to a parsing error. Restored the logger files to defaults and it worked.

For anyone going through the list logs in the future, try running:
sudo -s /bin/bash vdsm
python /usr/share/vdsm/vdsm

to get an error message.