Hi,

I have one method - maybe not so nice, but works:
Create new VM on a NFS storage with disk type and size of disk which you want to import.
In GUI find ID of new created disk. Copy image to the storage and replace image in the correct directory based on the ID of disk (ex. /export/nfs/$STORAGE_ID/images/$DISK_ID/$DISK_ID_FILE )