Von: Nir Soffer [mailto:nsof...@redhat.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 13. Mai 2016 13:52
An: Grundmann, Christian <christian.grundm...@fabasoft.com>
Cc: users@ovirt.org
Betreff: Re: [ovirt-users] volume_utilization_chunk_mb not working

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 2:32 PM, Grundmann, Christian
<christian.grundm...@fabasoft.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> @ This looks correct if this is in the [irs] section of the configuration.
> It is
>
> cat /etc/vdsm/vdsm.conf
> [vars]
> ssl = true
>
> [addresses]
> management_port = 54321
>
> [irs ]

This is the "irs " section, not the "irs" section :-)

> volume_utilization_percent=15
> volume_utilization_chunk_mb=4048
>
> do I need a space before and after the = ?

No, it is just more human friendly this way.

> @ We support initialSize argument when creating volumes - use when importing
> external vms (v2v), but it is not exposed in the ui.
> If you think think exposing it in the ui is a useful feature, you can file a
> bug:
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=ovirt-engine
>
> I don't need it in the ui, but it would be nice to have it as tuneable

I checked the code, and we actually do use volume_utilization_chunk_mb when we
create the initial disk, so getting the configuration to work will solve your
issue.

Nir