Nir,

Basically, almost any server has a local storage. It could be a reliable, RAID
enabled storage. It would be great to allow to use it simultaneously with
shared storages.

Other virtualizations like vmware/hyperv support local and shared storages
simultaneously. If your VM is on local storage, it's tied to a host. Just like
when VM has attached local device(s). VM migration moves disks between hosts as
well.

An obvious solution is to export local storages via NFS to make it shared. This
would allow to drop Ā«local storage datacentersĀ» as a class.

TODO list would be the following:
1. VDSM: add creating NFS exports
2. Engine: creating NFS exports before local storage activation, and updating
NFS exports after adding/removing hosts
3. Engine: add moving disks between storages during (just before, just after)
VM migration.
4. Engine: add constraints to avoid dangerous situations - disallow changing VM
startup host, disallow moving disks to another local storage without VM
migration, etc.