Hello,

Let’s say I have a 5 node converged cluster of oVirt & glusterFS with a replica
count of “3”.

Host1 - replica
Host2 - replica
Host3 - replica
Host4
Host5

If I spin a VM up on Host1 – does the first replica get created local to that
server?

In the event I move the VM to another host, does the replica of the disk follow
the VM so essentially it’s writing to a local copy first or does it “always”
write across the network.

For example, with VMware, the disk will follow the VM to the hypervisor you
move it to so that the writes are essentially “local”.

I have not been able to find anything on the internet or in the documentation
that specifies how this process works. Ideally, you wouldn’t want a VM residing
on Host1 that accesses its disk on Host3. Multiple that by hundreds of VM’s and
it would create a ton of unnecessary network congestion.