When I'm looking the RHEV's documentation about the API class in the python
SDK, I see :

persistent_auth
Specifies whether persistent authentication is enabled for this connection.
Valid values are True and False. This parameter is optional and defaults to
False.

filter
Specifies whether or not user permission based filter is on or off. Valid
values are True and False. If the filter parameter is set to False - which is
the default - then the authentication credentials provided must be those of an
administrative user. If the filter parameter is set to True then any user can
be used and the Manager will filter the actions available to the user based on
their permissions.

I'm surprised, because in my mind, the default value are the least usefull
version of each options. Why don't set them to good, useful values and let the
user changed them to the opposite if there is some problems ?