> On 21 Jul 2016, at 20:05, Blaster <blas...@556nato.com> wrote:
>
> I am running an application called Blue Iris which records video from IP
> cameras.
>
> This was working great under Ovirt 3.6.3 + Windows 7.  Now I’ve upgraded to
> Windows 10 and as soon as the Blue Iris service starts, the VM blue screens.
>
> I talked to the software vendor, and they said it’s not their problem, they
> aren’t doing anything that could cause a blue screen, so it must be
> driver/memory/hardware problem.  They say the application works just fine
> under Windows 10.
>
> So thinking maybe the upgrade went bad, I created a new VM, used e1000 and
> IDE interfaces (i.e., no Virtualized hardware or drivers were used) and
> re-installed Blue Iris.

I would expect better luck with virtio drivers. Either way, if it was working
before and not working in Win10 it’s likely related to drivers. Can you make
sure you try latest drivers? Can you pinpoint the blue screen…to perhaps USB or
other subsystem?
Might be worth trying on clean Win10 install just to rule out upgrade issues (I
didn’t understand whether you cloned the old VM and just reinstalled blue iris
or reinstalled everything) , and if it still reproduces it is likely some low
level incompatibility in QEMU/KVM. You would likely have to try experiment with
qemu cmdline or use latest qemu and check the qemu mailing list

Thanks,
michal