I have a VM with network filtering enabled, specifically the clean-traffic
filter.

Through virsh, I modify the configuration to reflect changes like this:

     <filterref filter='clean-traffic'>
        <parameter name='IP' value='192.168.10.10.'/>
        <parameter name='IP' value='192.168.10.11'/>
      </filterref>

This only allows those two specified IP’s to communicate on the VM. I’ve
defined the xml through virsh.

Now, if I start the VM directly through virsh, those rules apply and work
correctly. I can add any other random IP from the same subnet and it does not
work, as expected. Only the two Ip’s specified above will respond.

This unfortunately, makes the VM appear to be down from with the ovirt
dashboard if it’s started manually through virsh.

If I edit the machine through virsh but do not start it and then go onto oVirt
to start the VM, it seems the configuration is not loaded – does oVirt load a
different configuration file other than /etc/libvirt/qemu/machine.xml?