On 08/22/2016 11:24 AM, Sahina Bose wrote:

On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 6:20 PM, Nicolas Ecarnot <nico...@ecarnot.net <mailto:nico...@ecarnot.net>> wrote:

    Le 19/08/2016 à 13:43, Sahina Bose a écrit :

        Or are you adding the 3 nodes to your existing cluster? If
        so, I suggest you try adding this to a new cluster
        OK, I tried and succeed to create a new cluster.
        In this new cluster, I was ABLE to add the first new host,
        using its mgmt DNS name.
        This first host still has to have its NICs configured, and
        (using Chrome or FF) the access to the network settings
        window is stalling the browser (I tried to restart even the
        engine, to no avail). Thus, I can not setup this first node NICs.

        Thus, I can not add any further host because oVirt relies on
        a first host to validate the further ones.

    Network team should be able to help you here.

    OK, there were no mean I could continue this way (browser crash),
    so I tried and succeed doing so :
    - remove the newly created host and cluster
    - create a new DATACENTER
    - create a new cluster in this DC
    - add the first new host : OK
    - add the 2 other new hosts : OK

    Now, I can smoothly configure their NICs.

    Doing all this, I saw that oVirt detected there already was
    existing gluster cluster and volume, and integrated it in oVirt.

    Then, I was able to create a new storage domain in this new DC and
    cluster, using one of the *gluster* FQDN's host. It went nicely.

    BUT, when viewing the volume tab and brick details, the displayed
    brick names are the host DNS name, and NOT the host GLUSTER DNS names.

    I'm worrying about this, confirmed by what I read in the logs :

    2016-08-19 14:46:30,484 WARN
    [org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.gluster.GlusterVolumesListReturnForXmlRpc]
    (DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-100) [107dc2e3] Could not associate
    brick 'serv-vm-al04-data.sdis.isere.fr:/gluster/data/brick04
    ' of volume '35026521-e76e-4774-8ddf-0a701b9eb40c' with correct
    network as no gluster network found in cluster
    '1c8e75a0-af3f-4e97-a8fb-2f7ef3ed9f30'
    2016-08-19 14:46:30,492 WARN
    [org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.gluster.GlusterVolumesListReturnForXmlRpc]
    (DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-100) [107dc2e3] Could not associate
    brick 'serv-vm-al05-data.sdis.isere.fr:/gluster/data/brick04
    ' of volume '35026521-e76e-4774-8ddf-0a701b9eb40c' with correct
    network as no gluster network found in cluster
    '1c8e75a0-af3f-4e97-a8fb-2f7ef3ed9f30'
    2016-08-19 14:46:30,500 WARN
    [org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.gluster.GlusterVolumesListReturnForXmlRpc]
    (DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-100) [107dc2e3] Could not associate
    brick 'serv-vm-al06-data.sdis.isere.fr:/gluster/data/brick04
    ' of volume '35026521-e76e-4774-8ddf-0a701b9eb40c' with correct
    network as no gluster network found in cluster
    '1c8e75a0-af3f-4e97-a8fb-2f7ef3ed9f30'

    [oVirt shell (connected)]# list clusters

    id         : 00000001-0001-0001-0001-000000000045
    name       : cluster51

    id         : 1c8e75a0-af3f-4e97-a8fb-2f7ef3ed9f30
    name       : cluster52

    [oVirt shell (connected)]#

    "cluster52" is the recent cluster, and I do have a dedicated
    gluster network, marked as gluster network, in the correct DC and
    cluster.
    The only point is that :
    - Each host has its name ("serv-vm-al04") and a second name for
    gluster ("serv-vm-al04-data").
    - Using blahblahblah-data is correct on a gluster point of view
    - Maybe oVirt is disturb not to be able to ping the gluster FQDN
    (not routed) and then throwing this error?

We do have a limitation currently that if you use multiple FQDNs, oVirt cannot associate it to the gluster brick correctly. This will be a problem only when you try brick management from oVirt - i.e try to remove or replace brick from oVirt. For monitoring brick status and detecting bricks - this is not an issue, and you can ignore the error in logs.

Adding Ramesh who has a patch to fix this .

Patch https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/60083/ is posted to address this issue. But it will work only if the oVirt Engine can resolve FQDN *'serv-vm-al04-data.xx*'* to an IP address which is mapped to the gluster NIC (NIC with gluster network) on the host.

Sahina: Can you review the patch :-)

Regards,
Ramesh

-- Nicolas ECARNOT