Once upon a time, Simone Tiraboschi <stira...@redhat.com> said:
> The issue is that the engine DB backup you are going to restore already
> contains a reference to the previous hosted-engine storage domain and to
> the previous hosted-engine VM and so on and so the auto-import procedure to
> have the engine VM looking up for its own infrastructure will not trigger.
> You have to manually remove them form the DB you restored.

Okay, that makes sense.  I see this from you:

https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/64966/

Should that work okay with a 3.5 database?  I'm familiar with SQL, so if
it needs some tweaks, I can handle that (just looking really to see if
that's the right general idea).

If so, could I connect the new iSCSI storage to a host, shutdown the
engine, "dd" the engine over, start up the new location in single-user
mode, and make the DB change?

Basically, just wondering if I could skip the full install and jump
right to an installed system.

Thanks for your help.
--
Chris Adams <c...@cmadams.net>