> On 30 Sep 2016, at 03:56, Kevin Hung <kh...@nullaxiom.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to add my Infiniband HCAs on my VM hosts
> to oVirt 4.0.4. I am not using IBoIP, just plain Infiniband. I would like to
> be able to pass through the card (or better yet the VF from SR-IOV) to the
> guest VM.

SR-IOV should work (or general PCI passthrough), it’s then transparent to
oVirt. Did you not succeed with setting up SR-IOV or generic passthrough of the
HCA?

> From what I can figure out, oVirt is trying to bridge the interface but I
> don't think that will work as shown here [1]. Does oVirt currently have
> support for passing through Infiniband to VMs? If not, are there any plans to
> support it?

Well, at least for generic passthrough the PCI device would be detached from
the host so should not be recognized/touched by oVirt networking code at all.

Thanks,
michal