While I really like both ideas it is not a route I would PERSONALLY take.

To me it seems logical that there should be parallels between oVirt and Openstack. After all, oVirt already integrates with Glance, Cinder and Neutron. Thus it is not unreasonable to suggest that any sort of CLI should take its inspiration from the Openstack CLI tools.

Also, I am not sure that would scratch my personal itch - which even in its unbelievably primitive state, my tool does.

Of course, this is FLOSS, so knock yourself out - the more the merrier.

On 2016-11-27 15:00, Nir Soffer wrote:
On Sun, Nov 27, 2016 at 12:54 PM, Fabrice Bacchella
<fabrice.bacche...@orange.fr> wrote:
Looks like close to my own try :

https://github.com/fbacchella/ovirtcmd

Looks cool.

But I think what we need is something like targetcli for ovirt.
http://linux-iscsi.org/wiki/Targetcli#Display_the_object_tree

With such tool we can see the ovirt setup as a file system tree:

/ovirt/vms/vm-id
/ovirt/storage/domain-id

And be able to query and operate on the entities.

Another crazy direction I discussed with Roy, is a fuse files system mapping
ovirt setup to a file system - imagine:

$ mount -t ovirtfs /ovirt

$ ls /ovirt/vms
vm-id-1