Thanks Yaniv, i read about image io streaming after send that email, i
will use it for my project.
I will explain to you what I'm trying to do:
- I'm creating a software to make full backup and restore of VMs using
python and the backup/restore api
- The main difference is, i want to have the option to make a full
restore or granular restore.
- The backup process is:
- Create snapshot off the vm
- Mount snapshot disk to a "backup vm"
- Identify device name of that disk, this means "/dev/vdc" and so on.
- Create a qcow2 image from disk
- Get vm configuration in a xml file
- Create a compressed file from both files
- Detach disk from backup vm
- Delete the snapshot
- The full recovery process is:
- Upload the qcow2 files throw image io api
- Create a new vm based on the xml file
- The granular recover process is:
- Mount the qcow2 image to as a loop device
- Copy files
I will create a kind of new format, this "new format" will be a .tgz
- qcow2 images, ordered by number, example:
- the vm xml file
I working on this a few days ago, so if you are interested it will be a
pleasure to me provide a solution to the community.
I will share this project when it's works at least the full
I love oVirt but the my main problem is create backup and share those
VMs between DataCenters
So i decided to create a software to make oVirt even more powerful
About me: I'm not a developer, so be patient, I'm a sysadmin, actually a
Red Hat Certified Engineer and VMWare Certified Associate
On 30/11/16 08:26, Yaniv Dary wrote:
It is planned to be replaced with the image IO streaming API.
With this API you will be able to upload and download VMs disks and
We are also planning to add OVA download and upload in one of the next
Until this is done we will not be removing the export domain.
Yaniv Dary Technical Product Manager Red Hat Israel Ltd. 34 Jerusalem
Road Building A, 4th floor Ra'anana, Israel 4350109 Tel : +972 (9)
7692306 8272306 Email: yd...@redhat.com <mailto:yd...@redhat.com> IRC
On Sun, Nov 27, 2016 at 5:37 PM, Victor Jose Acosta
<vic.a...@gmail.com <mailto:vic.a...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Hello everyone, i got some questions to you
Export domain will be deprecated so, how do i import a ova from
another oVIrt to my own oVirt?
i will explain to you what I'm trying to do, i got oVirt in 3
different sites, and I'm creating a python based backup software
for oVirt 4.x, what i want to do is create a OVA or OVF file as
backup and send it to my other site, it's a kind of disaster
With oVirt 3.x, i do it creating a ova file then import that .ova
file using ovirt-image-uploader, but in oVirt 4 that tool will be
deprecated also, so how do i export a .ova or .ovf file from other
oVirt to my own
Thanks in advance
Users mailing list
Users mailing list