Hi,

i have currently two issues with templates:

1) I cannot create VMs from Templates with Pre-Allocated Disks. I have a VM
with 2 Preallocated and one Thin Provisioned Disk.
Whenever i create a new template from this Machine all Disks are changed to
Thin Provisoned inside of the Template.
During the VM create in the resource tab i can only choose between Thin and
Clone, since the disks are all changed to Thin Provisioned it is impossible to
create Pre-Allocated Disks with the Template.

Can the behavior of the "Make Template" somehow be changed?

3) I use cloud-init with a couple of settings in the "Intital Run" for the
installation of the machines. Whenever i create a new VM from template inside
of the Admin GUI the "Use Cloud-Init/Sysprep" is enabled and prefilled. Thats
fine.
When i use the same template inside of the User GUI the "Use
Cloud-Init/Sysprep" is disabled and all the Cloud-Init settings are empty.

Should it work that way or is it a bug?

UBIMET GmbH - weather matters
Stefan Wandl
Information & Process Management

A-1220 Wien • Donau-City-Straße 11 • Tel +43 1 263 11 22 479
swandl @ubimet.com • www.ubimet.com

The information contained in this message (including any attachments) is
confidential and may be legally privileged or otherwise protected from
disclosure. This message is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are
not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by return e-mail and
dissemination of this message is strictly prohibited. Please note that e-mails
are susceptible to change. UBIMET GmbH shall not be liable for the improper or
incomplete transmission of the information contained in this communication, nor
shall it be liable for any delay in its receipt. UBIMET GmbH accepts no
liability for loss or damage caused by software viruses and you are advised to
carry out a virus check on any attachments contained in this message.