Den 23 dec. 2016 23:49 skrev "rightkicktech.gmail.com"
<rightkickt...@gmail.com>:

> Hi Mikhail,
>
> Thank you for your suggestion.
> Have you had any performance issues with freenas? It has been mentioned on
> some blogs that freenas might have performance issues. Not sure why.

I can't say for sure either since the statement is too unspecific. Like saying
that "CentOS might have performance issues", it's too vague. Though what I'd
guess is that since ZFS honors syncs over NFS, write performance is affected.
Either you turn sync off (epic bad) or add a SSD that you use as log disk which
makes the performance problem go away, plus mitigates a lot of the
fragmentation that would otherwise build with time. Remember to configure the
disks as RAID10, or striped mirrors in ZFS-speak, when using it for VM workload
for maximum IOPS.

We have been using a FreeBSD machine with ZFS serving NFS to our oVirt
environment for more than five years without larger issues.

Merry Christmas!

/K