You should not use the OVS hook or native implementation.
We don't feel this feature is ready and we stopped its development recently.
You should look at the OVN implementation, there is a deep dive planned for
this soon, please look it up.

Feature Page:
https://www.ovirt.org//develop/release-management/features/ovirt-ovn-provider/
Blog Post: