> On 2 Jan 2017, at 13:52, Sandro Bonazzola <sbona...@redhat.com> wrote:
>

> On Mon, Jan 2, 2017 at 12:07 PM, Michal Skrivanek
> <michal.skriva...@redhat.com <mailto:michal.skriva...@redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>> On 2 Jan 2017, at 12:01, Sandro Bonazzola <sbona...@redhat.com
>> <mailto:sbona...@redhat.com>> wrote:
>>

>> On Wed, Dec 28, 2016 at 9:55 AM, Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cec...@gmail.com
>> <mailto:gianluca.cec...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> As I wrote, no qemu package proposed. Because oVirt provided qemu is greater
>> in version in respect with 7.3
>> In fact, as I already wrote, I have now
>> qemu-kvm-common-ev-2.3.0-31.el7.16.1.x86_64
>> qemu-img-ev-2.3.0-31.el7.16.1.x86_64
>> qemu-kvm-ev-2.3.0-31.el7.16.1.x86_64
>> qemu-kvm-tools-ev-2.3.0-31.el7.16.1.x86_64
>>
>> Hi Gianluca, I added 2.6.0 to oVirt 4.0 repository at
>> http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/ovirt-4.0/rpm/el7/
>> <http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/ovirt-4.0/rpm/el7/>.
>> It was supposed to be published there with 4.0.6 GA coming ina few days but
>> it has been already tested enough to be promoted to release repository.
>
> it would be best to remove it. We really do not want to get out of sync with
> platform
>
> Can you please tell me more about this?

we do not want to manually add platform-provided stuff in our repos. We should
only put ovirt packages there, like ovirt-*, ioprocess and such. But everything
else should be pulled in by external repos, even when it is us who maintain
them. Otherwise we often run into conflicts e.g. when platform releases an
update of a dependency and we do not release it at the same time in our repo.

> It is already causing problems since qemu-kvm-rhev package is 2.6.0-27 and
> the one you placed in resources.ovirt.org <http://resources.ovirt.org/> is
> 2.6.0-27.1 (sure, it’s not a supported combination, but it complicates
> development)
>
> I'm not sure what's the issue you're describing here.
> qemu-kvm-ev is 2.6.0-27.1 being 2.6.0-27 +2 patches (rebranding and dep
> fixing) so it's not the same release. Also qemu-kvm-ev is supposed to provide
> qemu-kvm-rhev.

yes, and when you have qemu-kvm-rhev with ovirt repos it will replace all -rhev
packages with -ev because it thinks it’s newer. Not a big deal as indeed it is
the same, but it confuses people…

Thanks,
michal