On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 2:51 PM, Arik Hadas <aha...@redhat.com> wrote:

>> I didn't refer to it (see above), but for sure it could be a nice add-on
>> feature to provide.
>>

> Actually there is a progress bar for the phase of disks copying (after the
> 'initialization' phase) in the 'status' column of the virtual machines tab.

Ah, ok... I retried with another VM, monitoring this time the behavior and
I see at  15:45 the message

Starting to convert Vm T-RHEL5-64

Then up to 16:04 it remains in "Initializing"
Only at 16:04 it begins the copying phase, with a "qemu-img convert"
command at host side that starts copying from an image in /var/tmp to the
chosen storage domain with an elapsed of about 3 minutes and final
completion
Previously I missed the final minutes of the process, so that I noticed
only the "Initializing" Status step and the final "Down" Status of the
VM....

>> And what about the "clone" option? In what is it different from no
>> selection of it?
>>

> That means that the VM will be imported as a cloned VM - have different
> mac addresses, different identifiers for the disks, different identifier
> for the VM.

Ah, ok.
This explains why I get this message while importing a VM without selecting
"clone":

VM T-RHEL7 has MAC address(es) 00:50:56:b0:0c:7d, which is/are out of its
MAC pool definitions.
?
In this case to assign an oVirt MAC between the setup ones, only way is to
remove and add a new one or what?

Gianluca