On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 3:58 PM, Fabrice Bacchella <
fabrice.bacche...@orange.fr> wrote:

> Yes I'm starting to understand that thinking about migrating code is
> pointless.
>
> The old skd3 code is just good to be thrown away. There is no hope
> thinking about "migrating code". And as it's just a thin layer around REST
> calls, it's up to us to try to make something usable around that. So I
> expect a lot of sweat and tears to adapt my existing code.

Well, yes and no. Yes, it's not smooth, but once you 'get' the idea behind
the v4 API philosophy, it's quite easy to write to (at least in Python).
Note that right now you can mix between v3 and v4, so you can migrate
slowly, function by function.

Another option that you can consider, if you are re-writing, is automation
via Ansible.
See https://github.com/ansible/ansible-modules-extras/tree/devel/cloud/ovirt

Y.