And bingo! I totally spaced on the fact that the MAC pool would be the same on the two clusters. I changed the pool range (Configure->MAC Address Pools for anyone interested) on the 4.1 cluster and things are looking good again. Thank you, this was driving me nuts!

On 2017-04-11 05:22 AM, users-requ...@ovirt.org wrote:
Message: 1
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 21:07:44 -0400
From: Jeff Bailey <bai...@cs.kent.edu>
To: users@ovirt.org
Subject: Re: [ovirt-users] More 4.1 Networking Questions

On 4/10/2017 6:59 AM, Charles Tassell wrote:

Ah, spoke to soon.  30 seconds later the network went down with IPv6
disabled.  So it does appear to be a host forwarding problem, not a VM
problem.  I have an oVirt 4.0 cluster on the same network that doesn't
have these issues, so it must be a configuration issue somewhere.
Here is a dump of my ip config on the host:

The same L2 network?  Using the same range of MAC addresses?
[snip]