> On Apr 12, 2017, at 1:31 AM, Evgenia Tokar <eto...@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Jamie,
>
> Are you trying to setup hosted engine using the "hosted-engine --deploy"
> command, or are you trying to migrate existing he vm?
>
> For hosted engine setup you need to provide a clean storage domain, which is
> not a part of your 4.1 setup, this storage domain will be used for the hosted
> engine and will be visible in the UI once the deployment of the hosted engine
> is complete.
> If your storage domain appears in the UI it means that it is already
> connected to the storage pool and is not "clean”.

Hi Jenny,

Thanks for the response.

I’m using `hosted-engine —deploy`, yes. (Actually, the last few attempts have
been with an answerfile, but the responses are the same.)

I think I may have been unclear.  I understand that it wants an unmolested SD.
There just doesn’t seem to be a path to provide that with an Ovirt-managed
Gluster cluster.

I guess my question is how to provide that with an Ovirt-managed gluster
installation. Or a different way of asking, I guess, would be how do I make
Ovirt/VDSM ignore a newly created gluster SD so that `hosted-engine` can pick
it up? I don’t see any options to tell the Gluster cluster to not auto-discover
or similar. So as soon as I create it, the non-hosted engine picks it up. This
happens within seconds - I vainly tried to time it with running the installer.

This is why I mentioned dismissing the idea of using another Gluster
installation, unattached to Ovirt. That’s the only way I could think of to give
it a clean pool. (I dismissed it because I can’t run this in production with
that sort of dependency.)

Do I need to take this Gluster cluster out of Ovirt control (delete the Gluster
cluster from the Ovirt GUI, recreate outside of Ovirt manually), install on to
that, and then re-associate it in the GUI or something similar?

-j