Hello michal,

Thanks for your answers.
If others have same questions, I did found this information below on oVirt web
site
(http://www.ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/engine/maximum-memory-size/)

Note on size of maximum memory

If memory hot-plug is not required, max memory can be set to be the same as VM
memory. Suggested value is 4x size of VM memory. Larger max memory is
discouraged because:

    * I can make QEMU process to start for longer time.
    * If hot plugged memory is also required to be hot unpluggable, it needs to
be considered as movable by the guest kernel. Kernel requires the amount of
movable memory to be at most 4x larger that non-movable memory for stable run.
    * On PowerPC platform continuous block of non-movable memory of size 1/64
of the max memory needs to be allocated for each VM.

cordialement, regards,

        Nelson LAMEIRAS
Ingénieur Systèmes et Réseaux / Systems and Networks engineer
Tel: +33 5 32 09 09 70
nelson.lamei...@lyra-network.com

www.lyra-network.com | www.payzen.eu

Lyra Network, 109 rue de l'innovation, 31670 Labège, FRANCE