De: "Michal Skrivanek" <michal.skriva...@redhat.com>
À: "blanchet" <blanc...@abes.fr>, "Lionel Caignec" <caig...@cines.fr>
Cc: "users" <users@ovirt.org>
Envoyé: Jeudi 20 Avril 2017 09:46:35
Objet: Re: [ovirt-users] Change cluster compatibilty version 3.6-->4.0

> On 20 Apr 2017, at 09:38, Nathanaël Blanchet <blanc...@abes.fr> wrote:
>
> Hi Lionel :)
>

> Le 20/04/2017 à 08:48, Lionel Caignec a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> i've upgraded all my host and manager to ovirt 4, and now i want to upgrade
>> compatibility version of my cluster.
>>
>> But when i change the value ovirt warn me whit message : needing reboot all
>> VM.
>>
>> Does the manager reboot the vm on is own ? or can I can do it myself manualy?
> You can do it manually, but some vms properties will be changed ( vmconsole
> to disabled and virtio scsi to enabled)

You _have_ to do that manually, oVirt won’t restart them for you, it will just
keep nagging with the “pending change” triangle icon. This is so you can do
that whenever it is convenient for that particular VM
A bit more is going to change for that VM - the emulated hardware is being
changed, as well as behavior of oVirt features leveraging them (mostly the new
features requiring some QEMU functionality, like hot plugging, higher number of
vCPUs and such)

Thanks,
michal