On 04/20/2017 04:35 PM, Juan Hernández wrote:
> On 04/20/2017 12:26 PM, Fabrice Bacchella wrote:
>> I didn't find a way to find the writer that correspond to a given type. Is
>> there a way to do that, or it's up to the end user to manually manage this
>> mapping ?
>>

> Yes that is missing. We have it for reading, but not for writing. This
> patch should address that:
>
>   Add generic writer
>   https://gerrit.ovirt.org/75699
>
> Please open a bug so that we can decide what version should contain this
> fix.
>
> Note that you should try to avoid using directly the writer/reader
> classes, as they are an internal implementation detail and may change in
> the future. The contract for reading/writing is using the Reader and
> Writer classes. For example, to generate the XML for an object (once the
> patch is merged):
>
>   from ovirtsdk4 import types
>   from ovirtsdk4 import writer
>   from ovirtsdk4 import writers
>
>   vm = types.Vm(
>     id="123",
>     name="myvm",
>   )
>
>   xml = writer.Writer.write(vm)
>
>   print(xml)

The above was not complete clear. The ovirtsdk4.writer.Writer and
ovirtsdk4.reader.Reader classes are part of the contract of the SDK, it
is safe to use them. The specific writer/reader classes, for example
VmReader or VmWriter, are not part of the contract, and they may change
in the future without notice, so try to avoid using them directly.