On 05/03/2017 07:44 PM, Matthias Leopold wrote:
hi,

i'm trying to get into this gluster thing with oVirt and added a 2 node gluster cluster to my oVirt 4.1 data center (just for testing, i know it can't have HA with 2 nodes). provisioning of the storage hosts did apparently work and my storage cluster seems to be operational.

i have very little understanding of glusterfs right know, but what i think i am missing in the interface is a way to configure volumes/bricks on my gluster cluster/hosts so i can use them for storage domains (i want to use a "managed gluster volume"), the drop down "Gluster" in "New domain" is empty. all i could find for storage specific UI was the "Services" tab for the storage cluster which is empty.
once gluster hosts are added into the UI, user will be able to see volumes created on that hosts and to use them as storage domains. For this you will need to create a new storage domain with the mount path as gluster volume path.

i'm not using a hyperconverged/self-hosted setup, my engine is located on a dedicated server and i used iSCSI storage for data master domain. my hosts (for hypervisors and gluster storage) where installed on top of centos7, not using oVirt Node.

does my setup make sense (it's only for testing)?
do i have to configure gluster hosts manually?
yes, you will have to do this manually .
do i need more than 2 storage hosts when i want to configure gluster with ovirt (in hyperconverged setup 3 hosts are mandatory)?
It is always recommended to have 3 hosts as we say that in replica 3 volumes there is less / no chance to see split brain issues. For hyper converged setup 3 hosts are mandatory.
do i need oVirt Node/cockpit on the storage hosts to do further configuration?
you can reduce the pain of configuring gluster hosts manually if we cockpit on centos7 / Ovirt Node.

thanks a lot for reading
matthias