Hi,
a little update:

The command multipath -ll hung when executed on the host while the problem
occur (nothing logged in /var/log/messages or dmesg).

I tested latency with ioping:
ioping /dev/6a386652-629d-4045-835b-21d2f5c104aa/metadata

Usually it return "time=15.6 ms", sometimes return "time=19 s" (yes,
seconds)

Systems are up to date and I tried both path_checker (emc_clariion and
directio), without results.
(https://access.redhat.com/solutions/139193, it refers to the Rev A31 of
EMC document; last is A42 and suggest emc_clariion).

Any idea or suggestion?

Thanks,

Stefano