Engine.log only indicated a timeout. Could you check the vdsm.log and the
gluster mount logs if there are any errors related to snapshot creation?

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 6:47 PM, Sven Achtelik <sven.achte...@eps.aero>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>
>
> I was taking a snapshot from a gluster based SD and got this errors:
>
>
>
> [root@ovirt-engine ovirt-engine]# zgrep -e 
> 3102e526-172b-49a7-ae64-5879a7eb8079
> engine.log-*
>
> engine.log-20170523.gz:2017-05-23 01:54:13,223-05 INFO
> [org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.snapshots.CreateAllSnapshotsFromVmCommand]
> (default task-18) [3102e526-172b-49a7-ae64-5879a7eb8079] Lock Acquired to
> object 'EngineLock:{exclusiveLocks='[4eeaa622-17f9-4586-b99a-cddb3ad942de=<VM,
> ACTION_TYPE_FAILED_SNAPSHOT_IS_BEING_TAKEN_FOR_VM$VmName wc_app01>]',
> sharedLocks='null'}'
>
>
>
> engine.log-20170523.gz:2017-05-23 01:54:13,247-05 INFO
> [org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.memory.MemoryStorageHandler] (default task-18)
> [3102e526-172b-49a7-ae64-5879a7eb8079] The memory volumes of VM (name
> 'wc_app01', id '4eeaa622-17f9-4586-b99a-cddb3ad942de') will be stored in
> storage domain (name 'data', id '185718c7-1da9-442c-bedc-776e4ac95c33')
>
>
>
> engine.log-20170523.gz:2017-05-23 01:54:13,295-05 INFO
> [org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.snapshots.CreateAllSnapshotsFromVmCommand]
> (default task-18) [3102e526-172b-49a7-ae64-5879a7eb8079] Running command:
> CreateAllSnapshotsFromVmCommand internal: false. Entities affected :  ID:
> 4eeaa622-17f9-4586-b99a-cddb3ad942de Type: VMAction group
> MANIPULATE_VM_SNAPSHOTS with role type USER
>
>
>
> engine.log-20170523.gz:2017-05-23 01:54:17,717-05 INFO
> [org.ovirt.engine.core.dal.dbbroker.auditloghandling.AuditLogDirector]
> (default task-18) [2ff883d4] EVENT_ID: USER_CREATE_SNAPSHOT(45),
> Correlation ID: 3102e526-172b-49a7-ae64-5879a7eb8079, Job ID:
> 020b9b14-16d9-4303-8fa3-d60b248bc158, Call Stack: null, Custom Event ID:
> -1, Message: Snapshot 'Sesam_SC20170523015128500@5aH9YZNk4-A' creation
> for VM 'wc_app01' was initiated by sven@asl.local@asl.local-authz.
>
>
>
> engine.log-20170523.gz:2017-05-23 01:57:27,103-05 WARN
> [org.ovirt.engine.core.dal.dbbroker.auditloghandling.AuditLogDirector]
> (DefaultQuartzScheduler1) [1b15b09b] EVENT_ID: 
> USER_CREATE_LIVE_SNAPSHOT_FINISHED_FAILURE(170),
> Correlation ID: 3102e526-172b-49a7-ae64-5879a7eb8079, Job ID:
> 020b9b14-16d9-4303-8fa3-d60b248bc158, Call Stack:
> org.ovirt.engine.core.common.errors.EngineException: EngineException:
> org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.vdsbroker.VDSNetworkException:
> VDSGenericException: VDSNetworkException: Message timeout which can be
> caused by communication issues (Failed with error VDS_NETWORK_ERROR and
> code 5022)
>
>
>
> engine.log-20170523.gz:2017-05-23 01:58:11,969-05 ERROR
> [org.ovirt.engine.core.dal.dbbroker.auditloghandling.AuditLogDirector]
> (DefaultQuartzScheduler1) [] EVENT_ID: 
> USER_CREATE_SNAPSHOT_FINISHED_FAILURE(69),
> Correlation ID: 3102e526-172b-49a7-ae64-5879a7eb8079, Job ID:
> 020b9b14-16d9-4303-8fa3-d60b248bc158, Call Stack:
> org.ovirt.engine.core.common.errors.EngineException: EngineException:
> org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.vdsbroker.VDSNetworkException:
> VDSGenericException: VDSNetworkException: Message timeout which can be
> caused by communication issues (Failed with error VDS_NETWORK_ERROR and
> code 5022)
>
>
>
> [root@ovirt-engine ovirt-engine]# zgrep -e  
> 020b9b14-16d9-4303-8fa3-d60b248bc158
> engine.log-*
>
> engine.log-20170523.gz:2017-05-23 01:54:17,717-05 INFO
> [org.ovirt.engine.core.dal.dbbroker.auditloghandling.AuditLogDirector]
> (default task-18) [2ff883d4] EVENT_ID: USER_CREATE_SNAPSHOT(45),
> Correlation ID: 3102e526-172b-49a7-ae64-5879a7eb8079, Job ID:
> 020b9b14-16d9-4303-8fa3-d60b248bc158, Call Stack: null, Custom Event ID:
> -1, Message: Snapshot 'Sesam_SC20170523015128500@5aH9YZNk4-A' creation
> for VM 'wc_app01' was initiated by sven@asl.local@asl.local-authz.
>
>
>
> engine.log-20170523.gz:2017-05-23 01:57:27,103-05 WARN
> [org.ovirt.engine.core.dal.dbbroker.auditloghandling.AuditLogDirector]
> (DefaultQuartzScheduler1) [1b15b09b] EVENT_ID: 
> USER_CREATE_LIVE_SNAPSHOT_FINISHED_FAILURE(170),
> Correlation ID: 3102e526-172b-49a7-ae64-5879a7eb8079, Job ID:
> 020b9b14-16d9-4303-8fa3-d60b248bc158, Call Stack:
> org.ovirt.engine.core.common.errors.EngineException: EngineException:
> org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.vdsbroker.VDSNetworkException:
> VDSGenericException: VDSNetworkException: Message timeout which can be
> caused by communication issues (Failed with error VDS_NETWORK_ERROR and
> code 5022)
>
>
>
> engine.log-20170523.gz:2017-05-23 01:58:11,969-05 ERROR
> [org.ovirt.engine.core.dal.dbbroker.auditloghandling.AuditLogDirector]
> (DefaultQuartzScheduler1) [] EVENT_ID: 
> USER_CREATE_SNAPSHOT_FINISHED_FAILURE(69),
> Correlation ID: 3102e526-172b-49a7-ae64-5879a7eb8079, Job ID:
> 020b9b14-16d9-4303-8fa3-d60b248bc158, Call Stack:
> org.ovirt.engine.core.common.errors.EngineException: EngineException:
> org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.vdsbroker.VDSNetworkException:
> VDSGenericException: VDSNetworkException: Message timeout which can be
> caused by communication issues (Failed with error VDS_NETWORK_ERROR and
> code 5022)
>
>
>
> I would be great if someone could guide me to the next files to look at to
> find out more about why this happened.
>
>
>
> Thank you,
>
>
>
> Sven
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Users mailing list
> Users@ovirt.org
> http://lists.ovirt.org/mailman/listinfo/users
>
>
_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
Users@ovirt.org
http://lists.ovirt.org/mailman/listinfo/users

Reply via email to