Karli,

Almost everything can be updated without system reboot. Even kernel, see
http://KernelCare.com/

From: Karli Sjöberg <ka...@inparadise.se>
Date: Monday, 12 June 2017 at 20:35
To: Pavel Gashev <p...@acronis.com>
Cc: Tomas Jelinek <tjeli...@redhat.com>, users <users@ovirt.org>
Subject: Re: [ovirt-users] Migrating oVirt cluster from 4.0 to 4.1

Den 12 juni 2017 6:31 em skrev Pavel Gashev <p...@acronis.com>:

Tomas,

Since the restart is not actually required in my case, what if I set
compatibility version in the DB directly to make the engine happy?

I have no plans to restart my VMs in this year.

Sorry for butting in, this has nothing to do with the subject but are you
seriously _not_ going to the restart your VM's this year?

If so, then how are you handling patching/upgrading of them? Because if you
aren't, you are going to have bigger problems than we can help you with:)

Just my two cents

/K

And I don’t want to block online updating of VM parameters by the “next run
configuration”.