Hi,

sorry for late answer.

On Mon, 12 Jun 2017 11:26:51 -0500
Sven Achtelik <sven.achte...@eps.aero> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have several Windows VMs (Server 2012, Server 2012 R2) running and the
> guest tools are installed. IF I go and check the Services in those VMs I can
> also see the "Ovirt Guest Service" running and the "QEMU Guest Agent"
> running. Also there is Information about the VM show in the GUI, like
> installed applications etc.. I've tried several Versions of the tools and
> even with the latest 4.1.5 I can't get that message to disappear.

First check if the virtio-serial driver is properly installed. In Device
Manager you should see VirtIO Serial Driver in System devices category.

You should also check the oVirt GA log. Search for
ovirt-guest-agent.log, it should be in C:\Windows\SysWOW64.

> Am I doing something wrong ?
>
> How does this affect the Backup-API and possible Snapshots are taken for
> Backups ?

I'm not sure about this one. I don't think we use QEMU GA (or any other
GA) to freeze filesystems. So this feature should not be affected.

    Tomas

--
Tomáš Golembiovský <tgole...@redhat.com>