On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 10:23 AM, Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cec...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hello,
> on February I installed OVN controller on some hypervisors (CentOS 7.3
> hosts).
> At that time the vdsm-tool command was part of vdsm-python-4.19.4-1.el7.
> centos.noarch
> I was able to configure my hosts with command
>
> vdsm-tool ovn-config OVN_central_server_IP local_OVN_tunneling_IP
>
> as described here:
> https://www.ovirt.org/blog/2016/11/ovirt-provider-ovn/
> and now here
> https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_
> virtualization/4.1/html/administration_guide/sect-
> adding_external_providers
>
> I have 2 hosts that I added later and on which I want to configure OVN
> external network provider too.
>
> But now, with vdsm-python at version vdsm-python-4.19.10.1-1.el7.centos.noarch
> I get an usage error trying to execute the command
>
> [root@ov301 ~]# vdsm-tool ovn-config 10.4.192.43 10.4.167.41
> Usage: /bin/vdsm-tool [options] <action> [arguments]
> Valid options:
>   -h, --help
> Show this help menu.
>   -l, --logfile <path>
>
> Also, the changelog of the package seems quite broken:
>
> [root@ov301 ~]# rpm -q --changelog vdsm-python
> * Wed Aug 03 2016 Yaniv Bronhaim <ybron...@redhat.com> - 4.18.999
> - Re-review of vdsm.spec to return it to fedora Bug #1361659
>
> * Sun Oct 13 2013 Yaniv Bronhaim <ybron...@redhat.com> - 4.13.0
> - Removing vdsm-python-cpopen from the spec
> - Adding dependency on formal cpopen package
>
> * Sun Apr 07 2013 Yaniv Bronhaim <ybron...@redhat.com> - 4.9.0-1
> - Adding cpopen package
>
> * Wed Oct 12 2011 Federico Simoncelli <fsimo...@redhat.com> - 4.9.0-0
> - Initial upstream release
>
> * Thu Nov 02 2006 Simon Grinberg <sim...@qumranet.com> -  0.0-1
> - Initial build
>
> [root@ov301 ~]#
>
> How can I configure OVN?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Gianluca

Sorry I thought I had already installed ovirt-provider-ovn-driver package
on hosts, as documented above, but It was not so...
This package in fact
provides /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/vdsm/tool/ovn_config.py that is
probably dynamically loaded by vdsm-tool command at runtime if found...

Nevertheless the rpm changelog for the package could be corrected

Gianluca