On 07/20/2017 02:20 PM, yayo (j) wrote:
Hi,

Thank you for the answer and sorry for delay:

    1. What does the glustershd.log say on all 3 nodes when you run
    the command? Does it complain anything about these files?

No, glustershd.log is clean, no extra log after command on all 3 nodes

Could you check if the self-heal daemon on all nodes is connected to the 3 bricks? You will need to check the glustershd.log for that. If it is not connected, try restarting the shd using `gluster volume start engine force`, then launch the heal command like you did earlier and see if heals happen.

If it doesn't, please provide the getfattr outputs of the 12 files from all 3 nodes using `getfattr -d -m . -e hex //gluster/engine/brick//path-to-file` ?

Thanks,
Ravi

    2. Are these 12 files also present in the 3rd data brick?

I've checked right now: all files exists in all 3 nodes

    3. Can you provide the output of `gluster volume info` for the
    this volume?

    /Volume Name: engine/
    /Type: Replicate/
    /Volume ID: d19c19e3-910d-437b-8ba7-4f2a23d17515/
    /Snapshot Count: 0/
    /Number of Bricks: 1 x 3 = 3/
    /Transport-type: tcp/
    /Bricks:/
    /Brick1: node01:/gluster/engine/brick/
    /Brick2: node02:/gluster/engine/brick/
    /Brick3: node04:/gluster/engine/brick/
    /Options Reconfigured:/
    /nfs.disable: on/
    /performance.readdir-ahead: on/
    /transport.address-family: inet/
    /storage.owner-uid: 36/
    /performance.quick-read: off/
    /performance.read-ahead: off/
    /performance.io-cache: off/
    /performance.stat-prefetch: off/
    /performance.low-prio-threads: 32/
    /network.remote-dio: off/
    /cluster.eager-lock: enable/
    /cluster.quorum-type: auto/
    /cluster.server-quorum-type: server/
    /cluster.data-self-heal-algorithm: full/
    /cluster.locking-scheme: granular/
    /cluster.shd-max-threads: 8/
    /cluster.shd-wait-qlength: 10000/
    /features.shard: on/
    /user.cifs: off/
    /storage.owner-gid: 36/
    /features.shard-block-size: 512MB/
    /network.ping-timeout: 30/
    /performance.strict-o-direct: on/
    /cluster.granular-entry-heal: on/
    /auth.allow: */

          server.allow-insecure: on

        Some extra info:

        We have recently changed the gluster from: 2 (full
        repliacated) + 1 arbiter to 3 full replicated cluster

    Just curious, how did you do this? `remove-brick` of arbiter
    brick  followed by an `add-brick` to increase to replica-3?

Yes

#gluster volume remove-brick engine replica 2 node03:/gluster/data/brick force *(OK!)*

#gluster volume heal engine info *(no entries!)*

#gluster volume add-brick engine replica 3 node04:/gluster/engine/brick *(OK!)*

*After some minutes*

[root@node01 ~]#  gluster volume heal engine info
Brick node01:/gluster/engine/brick
Number of entries: 0

Brick node02:/gluster/engine/brick
Number of entries: 0

Brick node04:/gluster/engine/brick
Number of entries: 0

    Thanks,
    Ravi

Another extra info (I don't know if this can be the problem): Five days ago A black out has suddenly shut down the networks switch (also gluster network) of node 03 and 04 ... But I don't know this problem is in place after this black out

Thank you!