When restoring a self hosted-engine from a backup, the documentation at

https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/self-hosted/chap-Backing_up_and_Restoring_an_EL-Based_Self-Hosted_Environment/

<https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/self-hosted/chap-Backing_up_and_Restoring_an_EL-Based_Self-Hosted_Environment/>

Shows creating a new host server and then doing the hosted-engine —deploy and
manually installing the ovirt-engine instead of using the
ovirt-engine-appliance.  If the hosted-engine deployment that was backed up and
is being restored, was created using the appliance, should I still follow this
documentation and manually install the engine, run the restore, then do the
engine-setup?  Or should I use the ovirt-engine-appliance and just run the
restore before the engine-setup?

Gary

Gary Pedretty                                        g...@ravnalaska.net
<mailto:g...@eraalaska.net>
Systems Manager                                          www.flyravn.com
<http://www.flyravn.com/>
Ravn Alaska                           /\                    907-450-7251
5245 Airport Industrial Road         /  \/\             907-450-7238 fax
Fairbanks, Alaska  99709        /\  /    \ \ Second greatest commandment
Serving All of Alaska          /  \/  /\  \ \/\   “Love your neighbor as
Green, green as far as the eyes can see             yourself” Matt 22:39