Thanks for the detailed answer Erekle.

I conclude that it is worth in any scenario to have a arbiter node in order to avoid wasting more disk space to RAID X + Gluster Replication on the top of it. The cost seems much lower if you consider running costs of the whole storage and compare it with the cost to build the arbiter node. Even having a fully redundant arbiter service with 2 nodes would make it wort on a larger deployment.

Regards
Fernando