On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 9:16 AM, Fabrice Bacchella <
fabrice.bacche...@orange.fr> wrote:

> > Le 8 août 2017 à 04:08, FERNANDO FREDIANI <fernando.fredi...@upx.com> a
> écrit :
>
> > Even if you have a Hardware RAID Controller with Writeback cache you
> will have a significant performance penalty and may not fully use all the
> resources you mentioned you have.
> >

> Nope again,from my experience with HP Smart Array and write back cache,
> write, that goes in the cache, are even faster that read that must goes to
> the disks. of course if the write are too fast and to big, they will over
> overflow the cache. But on todays controller they are multi-gigabyte cache,
> you must write a lot to fill them. And if you can afford 40Gb card, you can
> afford decent controller.

The last sentence raises an excellent point: balance your resources. Don't
spend a fortune on one component while another will end up being your
bottleneck.
Storage is usually the slowest link in the chain. I personally believe that
spending the money on NVMe drives makes more sense than 40Gb (except [1],
which is suspiciously cheap!)

Y.
[1] http://a.co/4hsCTqG