Enabling VM leases could be an answer to this. Will test tomorrow.

Thanx,
Alex

On Sep 18, 2017 7:50 PM, "Alex K" <rightkickt...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi All,

I have the following issue with the HA behavior of oVirt 4.1 and need to
check with you if there is any work around from your experience.

I have 3 servers (A, B, C) with hosted engine in self hosted setup on top
gluster with replica 3 + 1 arbiter. All good except one point:

The hosts have been configured with power management using IPMI (server
iLO).
If I disconnect power from one host (say C) (or disconnect all network
cables of the host) the two other hosts go to a loop where they try to
verify the status of the host C by issuing power management commands to the
host C. Since power of host is off the server iLO does not respond on the
network and the power management of host C fails, leaving the VMs that were
running on the host C in an unknown state and they are never restarted to
the other hosts.

Is there any fencing option to change this behavior so as if both available
hosts fail to do power management of the unresponsive host to decide that
the host is down and to restart the VMs of that host to the other available
hosts.

I could also add additional power management through UPS to avoid this
issue but this is not currently an option and I am interested to see if
this behavior can be tweaked.

Thanx,
Alex